You’re proud of what you do—as you should be. Your business is your “baby,” so to speak, and you want it to get the notoriety it deserves.
So, whenever you create a new product or service offering, have a new course or webinar for your ideal customer to attend, a fresh partnership or collaboration deal that’s been sealed, or even an award you’ve won, it’s no wonder you want to shout it from the rooftops for all to hear.
To do that, you can definitely go through your list of frequently-used content marketing tactics—a blog post, social media post, Facebook ad or Facebook live video, or even a webinar—to release your announcement without thinking twice. After all, that’s what you’ve done before and it seems to still get some bite from your people.
But, you know one thing you might not be considering? A press release. Yup, I said it. What? Did you think it was old-fashioned and outdated?
While some marketing gurus have written off the content marketing tactic completely, I’m telling you today that press releases are alive and well. And, they should remain in your marketing toolbox.
To prove it to you, here’s what Michelle Garrett, PR consultant and writer, had to say about their value on PRDaily.com:
Why folks are in such a hurry to kill off press releases I’ll never understand. Perhaps they don’t know the value of the press release—they haven’t witnessed the increase in SEO it can bring. They haven’t had the pleasure of landing a new customer because of a press release the customer read announcing their latest product or service. They haven’t enjoyed the attention received from a reporter who saw the press release and contacted them to be featured in a story that ran on the front page.
See? Yet, many are unsure of the exact value press releases can bring to the table. So, that’s why I’m here—to dish out the information you need to confirm they’re actually worth putting your time and energy into.
Maybe you don’t have the time and energy you wish, however, to dedicate to writing press releases for your business. And, I understand completely. It’s a difficult task and you’re busy growing your business—it’s not something you feel you can tackle.
If that’s the case, you’ll want to stick around until the very end of this post when I’ll offer up the tool I’ve found to get the job done and be ready to submit to any distribution service or local media outlet in minutes.
But, for now, let’s dig into the four reasons why your business needs to be writing press releases…
1. You’re ready to clarify your message.
It’s definitely easy to ramble on and on in a blog post or Facebook live video. But, with a press release, you’re only given so much space to get your message across—one page is the standard, to be exact.
So, it’s obvious that press releases are beneficial to you if you’re ready to clarify the newsworthy announcement you’re looking to share with your audience, and even your own team members. Because, as HubSpot says, “It’s the place everyone will go—both within your business and externally—to get the “story” and cite important data points.”
Therefore, use your press releases to dish out the right message for all your people, ensuring they’re speaking the same “language” when sharing your announcement.#PressReleases help dish out the right message for all your people https://blog.scriptdoll.com/reasons-to-write-press-releases Click To Tweet
2. You’re ready to give your search engine optimization (SEO) the comrade it’s missing.
In your personal or professional life, have you ever been going through the day-to-day feeling as if something is missing, when—out of the blue—someone pops into it just when you needed them most? Whether it’s a friend or a business partner, they perk your life up a bit.
Well that’s how it goes for your press releases and search engine optimization. Now, I’m going to get all technical for a minute because I can’t stress enough the importance of taking SEO seriously. But, before I do, if you’re not as familiar with what exactly SEO is, Moz offers up the perfect definition:
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
So, what does that mean for press releases? Well, your website will earn backlinks whenever you publish one through a distribution site or a local media outlet picks it up.
And, the more websites that link to you (and the greater those pages’ rankings, according to Google), the more valuable your website will be considered by the popular search engine. Very nice!
Okay, now wondering how the heck you’d ever get your press release picked up by a local media outlet? Well, for starters, it needs to feature a unique storyline, be valuable to their audience, and grab their attention. (If you’re feeling lost on how to do that, I’ll offer up a solution that’ll take care of those things in a few minutes!)
It’s important to note again, however, press releases alone won’t take care of your SEO. So, your PR strategy shouldn’t depend on press releases to remedy any search issues you’re experiencing. Only use them to complement your optimization efforts.#PressReleases alone won't take care of your SEO. Only use them to complement your optimization https://blog.scriptdoll.com/reasons-to-write-press-releases Click To Tweet
3. You’re ready to enhance your credibility and expertise.
You don’t need to have an “Oprah-esque” story to do so. Reason being, a press release is written in a news format and style.
So, whenever you have a newsworthy announcement to share—even if it’s just on your website or distributed through PR sites—you automatically imply that you’re a business to be trusted and you’re a standout player in your industry. Not to mention, you’re fully-functioning and legit, and not just in it to win it (and yank customers’ wallets one at a time).
4. You’re ready to add to your business’s digital timeline, showcasing your history & steady growth.
While many of your press releases might not generate ink (hey, the news world is a tough one!), it’s a quick way to keep a steady stream of news flowing regarding your business, while building trust with your people.
So, to get the most use out of them, I recommend you add your press releases to a “News” section of your website—serving as a digital timeline of historical announcements. That way, your prospective customers (and even potential investors if that’s the route you’re going) will see and become aware of all the awesome things you’re doing.Add #PressReleases to a News section of your site to serve as a digital timeline of history https://blog.scriptdoll.com/reasons-to-write-press-releases Click To Tweet
When they’re aware of those things, they’ll grow to trust you. After all, you’re a business that’s active and alive! You know what that trust will influence? Your growth and sales. Pure gold, I tell you!
So, when should I write a press release?
That’s a great question. After all, I’ve told you why you should write them, so it seems logical to share a list of when to write them as well. And, I’ll get right to it—with the help of WordsinBold.com.
Here’s the list of the 8 main events that are worthy of a press release announcement:
- Awards, honors, and other achievements—share any professional awards, recognition, or honors you’ve recently received. It can be for things like innovation, business growth, creativity, or philanthropy.
- New product or service—share the key features and benefits of your new product or service release, your excitement, how you hope it’ll help your ideal customers, and mention any endorsements you’ve received thus far from industry influencers.
- Website refresh—yes, this is even worthy of an announcement! In it, you can reference how this refresh will make life easier for your audience. For example, new search functionality, user portal or login, and more.
- New business ventures or alliances—partnered with a business or joined the board of directors for a specific organization? Share it with the world! It illustrates you’re out there in the community (or in your industry), and focused on helping not just your own business, but others’ as well.
- Noteworthy publications—have you been mentioned in an industry publication? Or contributed a featured article, report, or something similar? When you announce this, you’re able to enhance your credibility and expertise.
- Special events and momentous speeches—hosting or sponsoring an industry event? And, maybe even speaking at one? Promote it, especially if it’ll inspire others or unveil a new trend that might affect your industry. Again, this positions you as an authority within your niche.
- Charitable efforts—share when you’ve raised money or donated your time to a local organization. This illustrates that you’re focused on supporting and bettering the community you live and work in.
- Employment or internship opportunities—is your team growing? A press release announcement is a great way to increase your employee or internship prospect numbers!
Not feeling too jazzed about adding another daunting task to your to-do list—aka writing press releases for your business?
Those feelings are completely valid. Writing press releases can oftentimes be a tricky task as it’s a completely different writing style and format that many aren’t accustomed to. But, I found a solution to swiftly take press release writing off your to-do list completely.
And, that solution is ScriptDoll. It’s a one-of-a-kind piece of software that composes copy for you—from press releases to email sequences, sales letters, and so much more. And, once users create their product portfolio and answer a handful of painless questions, ScriptDoll will drop those answers into thoughtfully crafted content pieces that sell.
Now, if that didn’t seal the deal, still wondering why ScriptDoll is so beneficial to entrepreneurs like you? Take a look:
- Frees up your time to put focus towards more productive tasks—simply complete your product portfolio, answer a handful of painless questions regarding your product details, features and benefits, and more, and ScriptDoll turns your answers into engaging copy in a matter of minutes.
- Keeps your content fresh with an ever-growing, extensive library of templates—new templates are added on a monthly basis, from sales letters to email sequences, video sales scripts, native ads, and much more. You’ll avoid putting your audience into a zombie state-of-mind, steering clear of sharing the same thing over and over again.
- Saves you some serious moola by keeping your copywriting in-house—there’s no need to drop loads of money on outsourcing your writing tasks to copywriters. And, you can also avoid investing hours of your time trying to improve your skills in a copywriting course. That’s because ScriptDoll crafts its effective templates thanks to its connections with champion copywriters around the world!
Get Your Personalized Press Release in Minutes—Join ScriptDoll Today!
It’s obvious there’s no stopping press releases! Now, taking the information shared here today, it’s time for you to implement them into your marketing strategy. The good news? You’re in the know on a one-of-a-kind tool that can help you not only produce these tricky news announcements at rapid pace, but also have them ready to go to the big leagues (aka press distribution sites or local news outlets) in minutes.
Entrepreneurs like you are raving about ScriptDoll—relieving them of the struggles of writing press releases and other sales pieces, while kicking their conversions up a few notches. We hope you’ll join them and look forward to you getting the results you’ve been searching for. They’re ready and waiting for you.
Have questions or something to share on the topic of writing press releases? We want to hear them! Drop us a line in the comments section below.